- After a long, stressful night, I am now the recording secretary of the Psi chapter of Tau Beta Sigma!! This is super exciting and I can’t wait for the year to come as I get to help serve and better our chapter.
- Sometimes when you stay awake until 3 AM, it’s okay to miss your morning classes for more sleep. Your health is important. Also, does it really matter if you go to class when you’re just going to fall asleep in class? No…it doesn’t.
- Adventures are fun. GO ON THEM. Take a trip to a town 45 minutes away because you like the aesthetic of the coffee shop better. Pile in a car at midnight because honey butter chicken biscuits are the bomb.com. Leave campus because a change of scenery helps you get through the day. Go on hikes. The world is your freaking oyster.
- I am so sad that I won’t get to attend the North Texas Teen Book Festival with my mom and sister this year. Last year it was one of the best experiences of my life. I took a legendary selfie with Allie Carter and basically got to hang out with brilliant writers and super cool people all day long. My mom is bring me back a signed Sarah Dessen book (I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M MISSING SARAH DESSEN) so I guess I’ll be okay. But I won’t be.
- I have learned that it’s okay to miss your family. Last weekend I saw a picture of my younger brother on facebook and started crying. I don’t get homesick, but I get family sick for sure. And that is perfectly fine.